Next weekend (August 29th and 30th) WE WANT YOU!! The CCC trail is the most used climbing trail at Devil’s Lake and the DNR is working to get it back up to shape and the Climbers should be the ones to help. WCA and the Access Fund are looking for all the help we can get. To fix up the CCC trail and some erosion spots on the climbers trail under the east bluff. Bring work gloves if you have them. PLEASE SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE!! If you know ahead of time your coming please post back so we can plan better. Thanks
On May 2nd, 2015 the Wisconsin Climbers Association will be putting on the Wisconsin Climber’s Festival at Devil’s Lake. Here are the basics:
– Registration @ 9:00AM at the Rock Elm Shelter on the North Shore.
– $20 competition fee.
– Climbing from 10:00AM – 3:00PM.
– 3 categories with 15 problems per category. Top 5 will count.
– Walking tour of the West Bluff @12:30PM.
– Bounty Routes with cash prizes.
– Awards @ 4:30PM at Mike and Melissa Lohre’s house.
– Film Festival, live music, bonfire and camping available after awards.
The promo video has a lot of details about the event, including many of the problems that will be included in the comp. This will be an amazing way to find your way around an area that is notoriously tricky to navigate.
Thank you so much to all of our amazing sponsors ORGANIC Climbing Focus Boardshop Boulders Climbing Gym Mike’s Mix Wildside Adventure Sports Mountain Hardwear
Boulder Bash started out as a bunch of friends coming together at Rib mountain to crush some problems and get psyched about climbing! We are now in our 8th year of the event. Five years ago we moved it to G Dodge and then added a friendly competition for all abilities!! The costs $20 for the solo competition and $60 for the team competition (3 or 4 person teams). All proceeds go towards an organization (WCA) working on a number of important projects and it lets us expand things like the crash pad rental program that was started up last year. It’s always an extremely good time with lots of people and tons of pads. If you’ve never been familiar with Dodge it’s a perfect time to get a tour as well! There will be a tour guide for any kids and beginners who want. Below is a link to the teaser video check it out and come on out next week!
Take a few minutes out of your day and watch this video we put together about the WCA Boulder Bash coming up next Saturday the 27th.
The weather was perfect, lots of problems were sent, and everyone had a great time! It was another successful year at Boulder Bash. Thanks to everyone who came out to participate and show support. The energy and enthusiasm that everyone brings is what makes this event fun. It was awesome to see the Boulder's Climbing Team so well represented. We had some first time outdoor climbers and some people who had never climbed at Governor Dodge before. Hopefully for them, with all the pads and good spotting, this was a good introduction to outdoor climbing at Governor Dodge. And for those more familiar the "the Dodge" the comp's "climb til you drop" format provided a new challenge. Since some people wanted their score cards we were not 100% on the Men's Beginner places. If you know hit us up and we will make the change. Thanks
- Peter Bonamici 58 problems 176 points
- Chris Esser 42 problems 132 points
- Camden Clement 36 problems 103 points
- Skyler Frickelton 16 problems 49 points
- Ryan Strong
- Mike Draper 19 problems 41 points
- Jason Ledden 24 problems 33 points
- Howard Silvestre 15 problems 22 points
- Dallas White 13 problems 20 points
- Laura Tully-Gustafson 20 problems 39 points
- Minda Silvestre 17 problems 30 points
- Merryn Venugopal 16 problems 30 points
- Annie Hughes 14 problems 18 points
- Betsy Hathaway 6 problems 6 points
- Kelly Hathaway, Natalie Ring, Isabelle Bartholomen 5 problems 5 points